BDSM Books & Literature
- Bound by Toya, Illustrated by
Welndy, April 2003.
"When something is written from the heart, it resonates, and Toya's latest book is clearly written from a submissive heart that has found a home. It
should be required reading for dominants to further their understanding and for submissives to know that they are not alone." - John Warren Ph.D. (Author
of The Loving Dominant)
- Subspace - The Journey of a Submissive
by Toya, Illustrated by Wendy, March 2001,
is the writings of a submissive who is traveling along the path of D/s. She shares her experiences in a way that anyone can relate to, those who are already in the BDSM or D/s scene and those who are still thinking about exploring.
"This is a book which gives a true insight into what it means to be a submissive. Toya explains her lifestyle choice with wit and warmth and wisdom."
- Owned - Reflections of a Submissive
by Toya , Feb 2002
Toya again captures the heart and soul of what it is like to live the
D/s-lifesyle in her humorous and expressive way of portraying the joys and
the experiences of her ongoing journey into submission. Her heartfelt
words encompass the reader and open a path to allow us to learn and
experience with her as we travel along the journey of life within BDSM and D/s.
- The Loving Dominant by John Warren,
Ph.D. Explores the technique and headspace of a dominant.
- Screw The Roses, Send Me The Thorns: The
Romance and Sexual Sorcery of Sadomasochism by Philip Miller and Molly Devon. An
excellent SM instructional manual.
- SM 101: A Realistic Introduction by Jay
Wiseman. A detailed workbook with chapters on negotiation, setting the scene, erotic pain, humiliation and much more.
- The Topping Book by Dossie Easton and
Catherine A. Liszt. All about SM play from a dominant (top) perspective.
- Consensual Sadomasochism: How To Talk About It And How To Do It Safely, by William A.
Henkin, Ph.D. and Sybil Holiday, CCSSE.
A how-to and safety manual for everyone.
The Ropes: A Basic Guide to Safe and Fun S/M Lovemaking, by Race Bannon. The classic introduction to S/M.
That Bind: The SM/Leather/Fetish Erotic Style..., by Guy Baldwin. Wisdom for all in the scene.
- The Sexually Dominant Woman Workbook by
Lady Green. A workbook for nervous beginners.
Master's Manual: A Handbook of Erotic Dominance, by Jack Rinella. An Erotic Dominance Handbook.
- The Bottoming Book: Or How To Get Terrible
Things Done To You By Wonderful People by Dossie Easton and Catherine A.
about SM play from a submissive (bottom) perspective.
- Bound To Be Free by Charles Moser and J.J. Madeson.
A scholarly look at the joys of SM and bondage.
- Compleat Spanker by Lady Green. An authoritative guide to consensual erotic spanking.
- The Lesbian S/M Safety Manual by Pat
The classic book on S/M safety for lesbians (and others).
- Sensous Magic by Pat
the negative myth of SM.
SM by and for women. A great safer play and safer sex book not only
for women - includes some stories and a lot useful tips.
- Macho Sluts by Pat Califia
Alyson Publications, 1998
- No Mercy by Pat Califia
Alyson Publications, 2000
Whether you're an old fan or a newcomer to leather fiction, you're in
for a treat. Califia has crafted another collection of short stories
that will stimulate the biggest sex organ of all: your brain.
- On The Safe Edge by Trevor Jacques. A detailed guide to fun and safe SM sex.
(Currently back into print)
- Safe, Sane, Consensual & Fun by John Warren. Fifteen fictional SM stories with marginal notes on how-to safety.
- Basic Guide to Body Piercing by Cliff Cadaver. A respected piercer describes the array
of jewelry and Piercing locations. Illustrated.