Short answers to frequently asked Questions.
- What is the meaning of the term BDSM?
(More detailed info can be found here)
BDSM is an abbreviation and stands for
- B&D: Bondage & Dominance or Bondage & Discipline.
- S&M: Sadism & Masochism.
- D&S: Dominance & Submission.
- What is the difference between BDSM and Abuse?
BDSM is an erotic/sexual practice activity which is based on mutual
consent and care for the physical and mental health of the partner.
See also SSC(F)/BDSM
- How do I get in touch with other BDSM lifestylers?
A simple way to get in touch with others is to join a local BDSM munch or group in your area.
- Where/how do I find local organizations?
The following Sites invest a lot of work to maintain the list of different organizations, groups and munches up to date:
- Where do I find a list of BDSM terms and abbreviations?
- I want to visit a Fetish/BDSM party. What do I have to consider?
- Does the party qualify for me and my individual convenience?
- Respect the common etiquette and guidelines: (see SM/Fetish-Party-Etiquette).
- Respect the house rules.
- Ask people on a munch or local group which events are in your area and if there are special things to be taken into account.
- If you are at the party - be respectful and use your common sense and you will not run into any problems.
- Don't touch any toys or people unless you are explicitly allowed or invited.
[... to be continued ...]
Author: Ashtarot - 26.05.2002
Info: © 2000-2003 Ashtarot/BDSM Backroom
Keywords: FAQ, Questions, Answers